'indent'ing Python in windows bat

Jason Friedman jason at powerpull.net
Wed Sep 19 00:12:41 EDT 2012

> I'm converting windows bat files little by little to Python 3 as I find time
> and learn Python.
> The most efficient method for some lines is to call Python like:
> python -c "import sys; sys.exit(3)"
>
> How do I "indent" if I have something like:
> if (sR=='Cope'): sys.exit(1) elif (sR=='Perform') sys.exit(2) else
> sys.exit(3)

Some months ago I posted what I think is a similar question in the
Unix world:  I wanted to call a small portion of Python from within a
Bash script.

Someone on this list answered (for Bash):

#!/bin/bash
command1
command2
python -c "if True:
    import module
    if condition:
        do_this
    else:
        do_that
"
command4
# end code

Perhaps something similar would work for a .bat file.