Comparing strings from the back?

Dwight Hutto dwightdhutto at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 11:55:41 EDT 2012

On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 11:12 AM, Ethan Furman <ethan at stoneleaf.us> wrote:
> Neil Hodgson wrote:
>>
>> Ethan Furman:
>>>
>>> *plonk*
>>

>>    I can't work out who you are plonking. While more than one of the
>> posters on this thread seem worthy of a good plonk, by not including
>> sufficient context, you've left me feeling puzzled. Is there a guideline for
>> this in basic netiquette?
>

> You're right, my apologies.  Dwight Hutto is the one I plonked.  His signal
> to noise ratio seems incredibly low.

Is this just because of the lack of context, or because of the content
of my response to the OP following the question?

And with all the netiquette talk being passed around, why isn't this a
new thread instead of hijacking the OP's original question, and
engaging in bickering about netiquette that goes
on all the time?

And it seems redundant to argue this topic other than to comment, and
let it pass, unless there's seems to be a legitimate reason why
someone 'disobeyed' posting policy.

> alex23 can definitely be abrasive, but his ratio is high.
>
> (Now I'm wondering what that says about me as far as who I agree with and
> why... I'll have to think about that.)
>
> ~Ethan~
> --

Best Regards,