Decorators not worth the effort

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 09:25:01 EDT 2012

On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 11:19 PM, Neil Cerutti <neilc at norwich.edu> wrote:
> On 2012-09-14, Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com> wrote:
>> But then again, who actually ever needs fibonacci numbers?
>
> If it should happen that your question is not facetious:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fibonacci_number#Applications

It wasn't entirely facetious. I know there are a few cases where
they're needed, but I think they're calculated far more often to
demonstrate algorithms than because you actually have use of them. :)

Though it's as well to mention these sorts of things now and then. I
remember one time writing up something or other, and my dad was
looking over my shoulder and asked me why I'd written a little
Pascal's Triangle generator. He didn't know that it had direct
application to whatever-it-was. And unfortunately I don't remember
what I was even writing at the time :)

ChrisA