Comparing strings from the back?

alex23 wuwei23 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 02:06:11 EDT 2012

On Sep 17, 2:05 pm, Chris Angelico <ros... at gmail.com> wrote:
> I would hate to see people leaned
> hard on to make their speech entirely politically correct. Use common
> sense, on both sides. Don't be offensive, and don't be offended.

While I would like to agree, this would require there to be no power
disparities between the parties involved, which isn't always the case.
I hate the term "politically correct", it always seems to be used in
an eye-rolling, "what a load of nonsense" way, probably because I
believe there's at least some validity in the Sapir/Whorf hypothesis
that language dictates thought.

If Ramit's name was Barbie and e was told to "get back to your dream
home" or some other guff, it would be quite rightly viewed as sexist,
whether intentional or not. Such behaviour has been called out on this
list in the past, and I'm genuinely surprised to see so little
reaction to this.