datetime issue

G ünther Dietrich gd.usenet at spamfence.net
Sun Sep 16 09:22:11 EDT 2012

In article <cdf072b2-7359-4417-b1e4-d984e4317091 at googlegroups.com>,
 Νικόλαος Κούρας <nikos.gr33k at gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

>also it would be nice if datetime.datetime.now(GMT+2) can be used.

In <news:mailman.774.1347735926.27098.python-list at python.org>, one of
the first answers to your question you were pointed to pytz. This module
does exactly what you ask for:

>>> import datetime
>>> import pytz
>>> greek_date = datetime.datetime.now(pytz.timezone('Europe/Athens'))
>>> greek_date
>>> print(greek_date)

If you do a help(pytz), obviously after having imported pytz, you will
get some information about the module. At the end of this help, there
are some attributes listed. One of them is all_timezones. Guess what it
contains?

Best regards,

Günther

PS: I didn't know pytz yet. But it took me just five minutes of reading
the datetime documentation and trying pytz.timezone(), to get a working
example.
So I don't understand, why you didn't follow the proposal of trying
pytz, but claimed, it wouldn't work.
Can you explain, why ist doesn't work for you rsp. what is the error
when it doesn't work?