cannot concatenate 'str' and 'list' objects

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 13:42:53 EDT 2012

On Sun, Sep 16, 2012 at 3:26 AM, Νικόλαος Κούρας <nikos.gr33k at gmail.com> wrote:
> aahhh! alo it needed change to
>
> page = form.getvalue('htmlpage')
>
> now its working! at last!
>
> but can you please tell me what was wrong?
>
> Tha names of the variables was the same both in counter.py and the .htaccess
>
> But why was that confusing?

This is what I'm trying to explain. You need to get to know what's
really happening; what is the rewrite rule doing? I could walk you
through it, there's nothing magical about it, but you really need to
study it for yourself so that you actually understand what's going on.

You've now solved your immediate issue, so you'll probably be tempted
to ignore everything else and move on. And if you're on time pressure,
that's perhaps the right decision. (Five hours and you have a fully
working solution. Not bad for free assistance!) But you still have the
page-breaking issue:

http://superhost.gr/?htmlpage=broken

And there's still the question of whether or not the hidden form field
is needed. I suspect it probably isn't. But these are questions for
you to work out the answers to yourself.

I get an impression from your posts that you're working shallowly, and
probably in some haste. Your posts are somewhat sloppy in spelling and
capitalization; I understand that English probably isn't your first
language, but careful writing is not difficult, and you'll spare
yourself the reputation of sloppy work and sloppy thinking.

It takes time to truly master anything. Whether it's riding a bicycle,
solving Rubik's Cube, or building a web site, you'll need to put in
some hours before you can truly expect to comprehend your work. Trying
to short-cut that usually results in problems down the road. Put in
the time, gain the skill, and you'll reap the rewards!

ChrisA