using text file to get ip address from hostname

Dan Katorza dkatorza at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 12:20:42 EDT 2012

בתאריך יום רביעי, 12 בספטמבר 2012 17:24:50 UTC+3, מאת Dan Katorza:
> hello ,
>

> i'm new to Python and i searched the web and could not find an answer for my issue.
>

> i need to get an ip address from list of hostnames which are in a textfile.
>

> this is what i have so far

> #!/usr/bin/env python
>
> #Get the IP Address
>

> import socket
>
> hostname = 'need it to read from a text file'
>
> addr = socket.gethostbyname(hostname)
>
> print 'The address of ', hostname, 'is', addr

> any idea ?
>
> sorry for my english
>

> thanks.

hello again friends,
thanks for everyone help on this.
i guess i figured it out in two ways.
the second one i prefer the most.

i will appreciate if someone can give me some tips.
thanks again

so...
First
#!/usr/bin/env python
#Get the IP Address

print("hello, please enter file name here >"),
import socket
for line in open(raw_input()):
    hostname = line.strip()
    print("IP address for {0} is {1}.".format(hostname,socket.gethostbyname(hostname)))

second
#!/usr/bin/env python
#Get the IP Address

import os

print("Hello, please enter file name here >"),
FILENAME = raw_input()
if os.path.isfile(FILENAME):
    print("\nFile Exist!")
    print("\nGetting ip from host name")
    print("\n")
    import socket
    for line in open (FILENAME):
        hostname = line.strip()
        print("IP address for {0} is {1}.".format(hostname,socket.gethostbyname(hostname)))
    else:
        print ("\nFinished the operation")
else:
    print ("\nFIle is missing or is not reasable"),
~