cannot concatenate 'str' and 'list' objects

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 10:55:56 EDT 2012

On Sun, Sep 16, 2012 at 12:51 AM, Νικόλαος Κούρας <nikos.gr33k at gmail.com> wrote:
> in my case an .htaccess file gives redirects all html requests to /cgi-bin/counter.py by also provide as an argument to the counter.py script the initical html file request
>
> RewriteEngine On
> RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f
> RewriteRule ^/?(.+\.html) /cgi-bin/counter.py?page=$1 [L,PT,QSA]
>
> so the latter you mentioned its not the case for me.
> But iam wondering why this doesnt work on this server while on my previous host did.....

Okay, now we're getting to a possible difference. Check if this is
properly working; perhaps HostGator don't let you use the rewrite
engine in .htaccess. Make sure your .htaccess is in the right
directory, too. I just tried a quick check and was greeted with a 404
page, so the rule you describe isn't active.

ChrisA