How to implement a combo Web and Desktop app in python.

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Sat Sep 15 02:49:34 EDT 2012

Shawn McElroy <luckysmack at gmail.com> writes:
> Although you are correct in the aspect of having 'real' OS level integration. Being able to communicate with other apps as well as contextual menus. Although, could I not still implement those features from python, into the host system from python? There are also tools like 'kivi' which allow you to get system level access to do things. Though im not too sure on how far that extends, or how useful it would be.

In my szenario you have a standard browser as (thin) client and
Python only on the server side. In my szenario, the server could
run on the clients desktop -- however, it ran there as a "service",
i.e. not in "user space". My knowledge about Windows
is limited. I do not really know whether a Windows "service" can
fully interact with applications running in the "user space" and
what limitations may apply.