Decorators not worth the effort

Dwight Hutto dwightdhutto at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 23:42:18 EDT 2012

On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 2:40 AM, Dieter Maurer <dieter at handshake.de> wrote:
>> On Sep 14, 3:54 am, Jean-Michel Pichavant <jeanmic... at sequans.com>
>> wrote:
>>> I don't like decorators, I think they're not worth the mental effort.
>
> Fine.
>
> I like them because they can vastly improve reusability and drastically
> reduce redundancies (which I hate). Improved reusability and
> reduced redundancies can make applications more readable, easier
> to maintain and faster to develop.

Reduce redundancy, is argumentative.

To me, a decorator, is no more than a logging function. Correct me if
I'm wrong. It throws things at a functyion designed to watch other
functions.

The necessity for more than one decorator with if /else statements
seems redundant, but I haven't had to use them that much recently.

> --

Best Regards,
David Hutto
CEO: http://www.hitwebdevelopment.com