Decorators not worth the effort

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Thu Sep 13 22:12:11 EDT 2012

On 13Sep2012 18:58, alex23 <wuwei23 at gmail.com> wrote:
| On Sep 14, 3:54 am, Jean-Michel Pichavant <jeanmic... at sequans.com>
| wrote:
| > I don't like decorators, I think they're not worth the mental effort.
|
| Because passing a function to a function is a huge cognitive burden?

It is for me when I'm _writing_ the decorator:-) But if I get it right
and name it well I find it dramaticly _decreases_ the cognitive burden
of the code using the decorator...
--
Cameron Simpson <cs at zip.com.au>

Observing the first balloon ascent in Paris, [Ben] Franklin heard a scoffer
ask, "What good is it?"  He spoke for a generation of scientists in
his retort, "What good is a newly born infant?" - John F. Kasson