Python presentations

andrea crotti andrea.crotti.0 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 12:00:19 EDT 2012

I have to give a couple of Python presentations in the next weeks, and
I'm still thinking what is the best approach.

In one presentation for example I will present decorators and context
managers, and my biggest doubt is how much I should show and explain in
slides and how much in an interactive way (with ipython for example).

For my experience if I only see code in slides I tend not to believe
that it works somehow, but also only looking at someone typing can be
hard to follow and understand what is going on..

So maybe I should do first slides and then interactive demo, or the
other way around, showing first how everything works and then explaining
the code with slides.

What do you think work best in general?