conflicting installations of python

azandi at adconion.com azandi at adconion.com
Thu Sep 13 00:36:19 EDT 2012

Hi Ned,

Thanks for your response, I think the path is fine, since which python outputs the location where macports should install python i.e. /opt/local/bin/python.

also

port list active | fgrep python
python27                       @2.7.3          lang/python27

and

port location python27

Port python27 2.7.3_0 is installed as an image in:
/opt/local/var/macports/software/python27/python27-2.7.3_0.darwin_11.x86_64.tbz2

Another problem caused by this installation is that somehow it removes os.urandom module:

>>> import os
>>> os.urandom
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'urandom'