Boolean function on variable-length lists

Libra librarama at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 09:19:28 EDT 2012

On Wednesday, September 12, 2012 3:02:44 PM UTC+2, Jussi Piitulainen wrote:

> So you would associate each constraint with an index. You could
> maintain a list of constraints and apply it to the values as follows:

Yes, even though there could be more constraints for each value in the list (at least 1 constraint for each value)

> ...        lambda x : x >= 3 ]

Just to understand, with f(x) you are defining a function f with argument x, right? I didn't know it was possible to define functions in this way. Is this a case of anonymous function?

> {False, True}

Actually, I don't understand the output. Why it is both False and True?

> {True}

Ok.

Thank you very much