pythonOCC examples doesn't work?

Marco Nawijn nawijn at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 00:42:21 EDT 2012

On Wednesday, September 12, 2012 6:02:14 AM UTC+2, Jayden wrote:
> I installed
>
> (1) pythonxy2.7.2.3 (with python2.7) and
>
> (2) pythonOCC-0.5-all-in-one.win32.py26
>
> on windows 7 64 bit computer.
>

> I try run pythonOCC examples in its example folder, such as the helloworld.py and got errors as follows:
>

>     ImportantError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.
>

> The error come from the line of code:
>

>     from OCC.BrepPrimAPI import *
>

> How to fix the error? Thanks a lot!!

Hi Jayden,

It has been some time ago that I used PythonOCC and I used it on Linux, so I cannot be of much help here. It sounds like you have to tell Windows where to look for the installed libraries (environment variables?). Anyhow, I recommend to post the question to the PythonOCC mailinglist. They are quite responsive.

One last suggestion. OCC itself comes with a small utility called DRAWEXE. It is a tcl/tk program that can be used to play around with a lot of the functionality provided by OCC.

Good luck!

Marco