simple client data base

Jorgen Grahn grahn+nntp at snipabacken.se
Sat Sep 8 17:03:34 EDT 2012

On Sat, 2012-09-08, Mark R Rivet wrote:
> On Thu, 6 Sep 2012 01:57:04 -0700 (PDT), Bryan
> <bryanjugglercryptographer at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>comp.lang.python tries to be friendly and helpful, and to that end
>>responders have read and answered your question as directly as
>>possible. There's good stuff available for Python.
>>
>>Mark, there is absolutely no chance, no how, no way, that your stated
>>plan is a good idea. Fine CRM apps are available for free; excellent
>>ones for a few dollars. You're reading about lists, tuples, and
>>dictionary data? Great, but other home accounting businesses have
>>their client databases automatically synced with their smart-phones
>>and their time-charging and their invoicing.
>>
>>-Bryan
> Well I have to say that this is most discouraging. I should give up
> learning to program. I don't have a chance at all. Thanks.

He's saying you don't have a chance, but he's *not* telling you to
give up programming.

Personal reflection: it's risky to make friends and relatives depend
on the success of your hobby projects.  I got away with it once or
twice (under special circumstances) but it might equally well have
ended with resentment. "Why did he sell this crap idea to me?  Now I'm
stuck with it."

/Jorgen

--
  // Jorgen Grahn <grahn@  Oo  o.   .     .