Parsing ISO date/time strings - where did the parser go?

Paul Rubin no.email at nospam.invalid
Thu Sep 6 15:51:37 EDT 2012

John Nagle <nagle at animats.com> writes:
> There's an iso8601 module on PyPi, but it's abandoned; it hasn't been
> updated since 2007 and has many outstanding issues.

Hmm, I have some code that uses ISO date/time strings and just checked
to see how I did it, and it looks like it uses iso8601-0.1.4-py2.6.egg .
I don't remember downloading that module (I must have done it and
forgotten).  I'm not sure what its outstanding issues are, as it works
ok in the limited way I use it.

I agree that this functionality ought to be in the stdlib.