Setting up a class

shaun shaun.wiseman91 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 08:00:32 EDT 2012

Hi all,

So I'm trying to to OO a script which is currently in place on work. It connects to the database and makes multiple strings and sends them to a server.

But I'm having major problems since I am new to python I keep trying to do it as I would do it in Java but classes seem to be very different. I was wondering could someone answer a few questions?

1) Is there anything I should know about passing in variables from another script to the class?

2) When I'm passing variables back to the script they seem to come back blank as if I haven't done it correctly (I declare the empty variable at the top of the class, I use the information I get from the database to fill it and I send it back) Is there anything I'm not doing right with this.

3)When I want to use a method from a class in another class method it never seems to work for me, I have a feeling this is to do with "self" but im not too sure??

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Shaun