Looking for an IPC solution

Gelonida N gelonida at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 05:23:59 EDT 2012

On 08/31/2012 11:05 PM, Antoine Pitrou wrote:
> Laszlo Nagy <gandalf <at> shopzeus.com> writes:
>

> How about the standard multiprocessing module? It supports shared memory, remote
> processes, and will most probably work under PyPy:
> http://docs.python.org/library/multiprocessing.html

I always thought, that the multiprocessing module does NOT use shared
memory (at least not under windows)

My understanding was, that it forks (or whateveri is closest to fork
under windows) and uses sockets and pickle to communicate between the
processes.

I would be very interested in a cross platform shared mem solution for
python.
Could you please point me to the right section.