How to tell people to ask questions the smart way (was: focus on jtextfield)

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Tue Sep 4 19:05:58 EDT 2012

Andreas Perstinger <andipersti at gmail.com> writes:

> On 04.09.2012 11:34, Paolo wrote:
> > how do I know if a JTextField has the focus?
> > thank to all
>
> Look there:
> http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#forum

That is an unhelpful response. You aren't giving anything to help the
original poster improve their question. Moreover, it is rude and
dismissive, which doesn't belong in this forum.

The “how to ask question the smart way” essay is not a blunt instrument
for beating people over the head with, and it is brutish to use it that
way. Instead, please point out *how* the original poster's question can
be improved.

--
 \         “I think Western civilization is more enlightened precisely |
  `\     because we have learned how to ignore our religious leaders.” |