python docs search for 'print'

David Hoese dhoese at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 13:58:43 EDT 2012

A friend made me aware of this:
When a python beginner (2.x) quick searches for "print" on
docs.python.org, the print function doesn't even come up in the top 20
results.  The print statement isn't even listed as far as I can tell.
Is there something that can be done about this to make it easier for
beginners?

I understand that this is a very basic search and "print" is a very
common word and a very basic python statement, but it's pretty difficult
for a beginner to learn when the first 5 results are about the
disassembler and the next 5 are C functions.

-Dave