interfacing with x86_64 assembler

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sat Sep 1 20:36:03 EDT 2012

On Sun, Sep 2, 2012 at 10:10 AM, John Ladasky
<john_ladasky at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> I haven't seen this joke on the Net in years, does anyone still remember it?
>
> "C combines the power of assembly language with the readability and maintainability of assembly language."

Seen it, and it has validity. But I'd rather work with C than actual
assembly any day. And these days, C code is just a bunch of directives
specifying how a compiler should build a program; optimizing compilers
add, remove, reorder, whatever they think fit. It's a pretty high
level language now.

ChrisA