Async client for PostgreSQL?

jwp james.pye at gmail.com
Sat Sep 1 19:57:13 EDT 2012

On Friday, August 31, 2012 10:17:18 PM UTC-7, Laszlo Nagy wrote:
> Is there any extension for Python that can do async I/O for PostgreSQL

As others point out, the easiest route is using one of the blocking drivers with threads and "emulate" async operations.

However, the low-level parts of py-postgresql (python.projects.postgresql.org) were designed with arbitrary modes in mind. That is, the protocol code is independent of the transport so that it could be used with frameworks like twisted given some effort. Much of the work that will go into py-postgresql over the next couple years will be to make it easier to integrate into arbitrary frameworks. Currently, I suspect it would require some "heavy lifting".. =\

cheers,

github.com/jwp