Obnoxious postings from Google Groups

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Wed Oct 31 18:33:16 EDT 2012

On Wed, 31 Oct 2012 12:32:57 -0700, rurpy wrote:

[...]
>> You're probably referring to their change in the way they handle
>> end-of-lines, which is now incompatible with most newsreaders,
>> especially with multiple levels of quoting.
>
> It's a minor pain to fix this when posting, but
>
> 1. It is fixable (and previous post of mine gave a couple ways) 2. The
> double spacing is obvious in Google's compose window
>  so if one posts anyway, it is a matter of laziness.

I don't killfile merely for posting from Gmail or Google Groups, but
regarding your second point, it has seemed to me for some years now that
Gmail is the new Hotmail, which was the new AOL. Whenever there is an
inane, lazy, mind-numbingly stupid question or post, chances are
extremely high that the sender has a Gmail address.

--
Steven