datetime issue

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Wed Oct 31 11:11:16 EDT 2012

On 2012-09-16, ???????? ?????? <nikos.gr33k at gmail.com> wrote:

> Iam positng via google groups using chrome, thats all i know.

Learn something else.  Google Groups is seriously and permanently
broken, and all posts from Google Groups are filtered out and ignored
by many people (including myself -- I only saw this because somebody
else replied to it).

IMO, the best option is to point a newsreader an an NNTP server that
carries comp.lang.python (gname.org also provides an NNTP server that
gateways to the mailing list).  Pointing a newsreader at gmane's NNTP
server is also an excellent option.

If all you can do is run a browwer, then I suggest using gmane.org:

   http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.general

> Whats a mailing list?

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_mailing_list
  http://www.python.org/community/lists/

The python mailing list is gatewayed to the Usenet newsgroup
comp.lang.python (which is where I read/post from):

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet

> Can i get responses to my mail instead of constantly check the google
> groups site?

Yes.  You can subscribe directly to the list (which means you'll
receive a _lot_ of e-mail every day).

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! If I felt any more
                                  at               SOPHISTICATED I would DIE