Negative array indicies and slice()

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Oct 30 19:30:59 EDT 2012

On 30/10/2012 21:47, Ian Kelly wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 3:33 PM, Mark Lawrence <breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>>> Looks like it's already been wontfixed back in 2006:
>>>
>>> http://bugs.python.org/issue1501180
>>>

>> Absolutely bloody typical, turned down because of an idiot.  Who the hell is
>> Tim Peters anyway? :)
>
> I don't really disagree with him, anyway.  It is a rather obscure bug
> -- is it worth increasing the memory footprint of slice objects by 80%
> in order to fix it?

Thinking about it I entirely agree.  An 80% increase in memory foorprint
where the slice objects are being used with Python 3.3.0 Unicode would
have disastrous consequences given the dire state of said Unicode, which
is why some regular contributors here are giving up with Python and
using Go.

Oh gosh look at the time, I'm just going for a walk so I can talk with
the Pixies at the bottom of my garden before they go night nights.

--
Cheers.

Mark Lawrence.