date and time comparison how to

noydb jenn.duerr at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 19:13:50 EDT 2012

All,

I need help with a date and time comparison.

Say a user enters a date-n-time and a file on disk.  I want to compare the date and time of the file to the entered date-n-time; if the file is newer than the entered date-n-time, add the file to a list to process.

How best to do?  I have looked at the datetime module, tried a few things, no luck.

Is os.stat a part of it?  Tried, not sure of the output, the st_mtime/st_ctime doesnt jive with the file's correct date and time.  ??

Any help would be appreciated!