I need help installing pypng in Python 3.3

icgwh at tagyourself.com icgwh at tagyourself.com
Mon Oct 29 14:16:27 EDT 2012

> Do you have the file c:\Python33\Lib\site-packages\pypng-0.0.13-py3.3.egg  ?
>
> If not, you have not successfully installed pypng. Please try one of
>
> the methods I gave above.

Yes I do have the egg.

I'm gonna try to summarize:

I don't have installations problems anymore but it seems that png.py is not run through 2to3 although it should since the setup.py is properly configured:

if sys.version_info >= (3,):
    conf['use_2to3'] = True

I even tried to skip the if to ensure the second line is executed but nothing changed.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong but it seems that png.py is not properly translated to Python 3.