Applying a paid third party ssl certificate

ehsmenggroups at gmail.com ehsmenggroups at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 07:41:42 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I haven't quite figured out how to apply a paid ssl cert, say RapidSSL free SSL test from Python's recent sponsor sslmatrix.com and what to do with that to make Python happy.

This good fellow suggests using the PEM format. I tried and failed.
http://www.minnmyatsoe.com/category/python-2/

The self signed cert recepies found all work swell, but some browsers (webkit) gets very upset indeed. I want to use ajax requests from clients (e.g autocompletion, stats collection etc) and put that in a python program without hogging down the main apache stack, but without a proper ssl cert this doesn't work.

Does anyone have any ideas what to do?

Thanks,
Marcus