Negative array indicies and slice()

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Mon Oct 29 06:34:37 EDT 2012

On Mon, 29 Oct 2012 01:59:06 -0700, andrewr3mail wrote:

> Note: I subscribed to the python-list, and am able to recieve e-mails,
> but I don't see how to write a post for this particular thread nor
> subscribe to this particular thread...

The beauty of email is that you don't have to subscribe to a thread. Once
you subscribe to the mailing list, email is delivered into your inbox. To
reply to it, just reply to it. To ignore it, throw it in the trash.

Gmail should have a button or three that say "Reply to email" or similar.
You want the button that says "Reply to All" or "Reply to List". Make
sure that the reply includes "python-list at python.org" as a recipient.

Delete bits of the quoted email (the lines that start with > characters)
that are no longer relevant to the conversation. Type your reply. Double
check that the reply is going to python-list. Then hit Send.

(P.S. when you signed up for python-list at python.org, if you selected the
option to receive a single daily digest instead of individual emails,
you're going to have a bad time. Do yourself a favour -- and the rest of
us -- and change back to individual emails.)

--
Steven