I need help installing pypng in Python 3.3

Andrew Robinson andrew3 at r3dsolutions.com
Mon Oct 29 02:13:40 EDT 2012

On 10/29/2012 05:23 AM, icgwh wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am very new to python. I am currently porting a little project of mine from java to python and I need to be able to construct and write png images. I naturally turned myself toward pypng to accomplish this.
I don't know if this will help, but:

There is a package called image magic; which can convert any image to
any other type of image.
If that would not be a burden to install (most OS's have pre-compiled
working binaries) -- you could easily write a portable bitmap file to
disk using python (even without a library) -- and then convert it to png.

I have a little script I wrote in python to create a canvas, and allow
you to draw on it using very simple line drawing primitives, and then
save it to PBM.  It's simple enough (only draws lines with different
pens) that you could examine it and write your own script to do the same
or better.

If this interests you, I will see if I can post the py script; or email
it to you.

--Andrew.