while expression feature proposal

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Thu Oct 25 10:15:05 EDT 2012

On 2012-10-24, Cameron Simpson <cs at zip.com.au> wrote:

>| I must say I really like the parity of Dan's
>|   while EXPR as VAR:
>|      BLOCK
>| proposal with the "with" statement.
>
> Well, it's nice. But usually EXPR will be a boolean.

I guess that depends on what sort of programs you write.  In my
experience, EXPR is usually a read from a file/socket/pipe that
returns '' on EOF. If VAR is not '', then you process, then you
process it inside the loop.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! We're going to a
                                  at               new disco!