Preventing crap email from google?

rurpy at yahoo.com rurpy at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 22 10:07:20 EDT 2012

> On Fri, 19 Oct 2012 21:21:11 -0700 (PDT), ru... at yahoo.com declaimed the
> following in gmane.comp.python.general:
>
>> [I posted the following in another thread yesterday...]
>>
>> When you post from Google Groups you will sometimes
>> see a checkbox above the edit window that is a cc to
>> the python mailing list (<pytho... at python.org>)
>> which is checked by default.
>>
>> If you uncheck that, you'll stop the double posting.
>
> That is different from the Google Groups double-spacing ">" quoted
> material.

Yes, I realized that right after I clicked send.  However since
it is also a common problem when posting from GG, maybe some
other readers of this thread will find it useful.

Re the specific problem mentioned, I just paste the original
message into an emacs window, add the quote marks and paste back
into the GG compose window.

Another alternative is to use "paste as quotation" into a mail
client compose window, and then paste back into GG.  A small
PITA but not a big deal if GG is otherwise convenient.

But perhaps the same mentality that makes it just sooo hard
to read a double spaced post (that one is willing to killfile
a whole class of participants) is the same mentality that
makes sooo hard to correct such posts to begin with.