A desperate lunge for on-topic-ness

Walter Hurry walterhurry at lavabit.com
Sat Oct 20 16:02:34 EDT 2012

On Sat, 20 Oct 2012 14:18:47 +0000, Grant Edwards wrote:

> True, but nobody prints source code out on paper do they?
>
> Seriously -- I can't remember the last time I printed souce code...

I remember my first IT job - COBOL programming in the early 80's. The
rule was that every time we delivered a new or updated program into
testing, we had to print a listing onto fanfold paper and hang it, in a
cardboard binder, onto a set of rails which ran down the center of the
office.

I recall even then thinking the practice ludicrous.