pip fails to install packages on moutain loin (Mac OS 10.8.2)

Ned Deily nad at acm.org
Thu Oct 18 18:46:17 EDT 2012

In article
<5B80DD153D7D744689F57F4FB69AF4741671D3B6 at SCACMX008.exchad.jpmchase.net>
,
 "Prasad, Ramit" <ramit.prasad at jpmorgan.com> wrote:
> I would install python+virtualenv+pip from MacPorts to keep
> it separate from the OS X system Python. MacPorts will take
> care of everything for you as long as you have Xcode installed.
>
> `sudo ports install py27-pip`

Yes, that should be another viable option as all of the components
should be built with the same version of the Xcode tool chain.  Also,
some or all of the third-party packages may already be available as
MacPorts ports.

--
 Ned Deily,
 nad at acm.org