OT Questions

Prasad, Ramit ramit.prasad at jpmorgan.com
Thu Oct 18 15:09:31 EDT 2012

David Hutto wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 7:12 PM, Steven D'Aprano
> > On Wed, 17 Oct 2012 18:05:12 -0400, Dwight Hutto wrote:
> >
> >> this was just a confidence statement that I'm
> >> intelligent as well, so don't get uppity with me.
> >
> > Please tone down the aggression.
> >

> It's email, things get misinterpreted sometimes.

True, which is why we should all take a little extra care
in what we write to avoid misinterpretation, especially
in terms of offensiveness.

Besides, what you write here is public and can be seen by anyone
with access to the Internet and a search engine. That includes prospective
clients/employers! I know there is an increasing trend for employers
to search the Internet to learn about potential employees. I do the
same before I hire a company for many things (e.g. house/car repair,
translator, etc).

Ramit Prasad