OT Questions

Prasad, Ramit ramit.prasad at jpmorgan.com
Thu Oct 18 15:01:29 EDT 2012

David Hutto wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 12:38 PM, Prasad, Ramit
> <ramit.prasad at jpmorgan.com> wrote:
> > David Hutto wrote:
> >> On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 2:06 AM, Demian Brecht <demianbrecht at gmail.com> wrote:
[snip]

> > The question is whose opinion matters. Yours? Mine? Others? Personally,
> > I heartily second the recommendation to get professional advice on site
> > design. Your site reminds me of something I would create in the '90s
> > with FrontPage (do people even use that anymore?) as an amateur or
> > hobbyist; not something I would create as a professional attempting
> > to market my services.
> >
> I'm moving toward the smaller devices, but I'm a desktop guy, and so
> are a lot of others. And what site doesn't have a frontpage?

Just to clarify Microsoft FrontPage was a late 90s/early-2000's application
for creating web pages with a WYSIWYG front end. The precursor to Adobe's
Dreamweaver and sort of the web design equivalent of Microsoft Word.

[snip]

Out of curiosity, is there a reason you did not pick Python (seeing
as this is a Python mailing list) for this task? Or conversely, is
there a reason you picked PHP?

Ramit Prasad