A desperate lunge for on-topic-ness

Den patentsvnc at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 11:55:51 EDT 2012

On Wednesday, October 17, 2012 11:06:43 PM UTC-7, Zero Piraeus wrote:
> :
>

> What are people's preferred strategies for dealing with lines that go
>
> over 79 characters? A few I can think of off the bat:

I personally just keep typing until my statement is finished.  This is my program, not PEP's.

But I have to say I'm amused by the whole question, and others related to PEP8.  A quick aside, the width of our roads all go back to the width of a two horse rig.  The suggested maximum of 80 characters goes back to teletype machines, and IBM cards, and character based terminals

Should that really be the basis for a suggested style now?

Den