Aggressive language on python-list

Dwight Hutto dwightdhutto at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 00:26:26 EDT 2012

On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 12:11 AM, alex23 <wuwei23 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Oct 18, 2:05 pm, Dwight Hutto <dwightdhu... at gmail.com> wrote:
>> This is a public discussion. Maybe you just need to stand behind a
>> loophole in the law, but the first amendment overrides that.
>
> I'm not in America, so your constitution means nothing to me.

But you apparently want freedom of speech.

>> Plus, that is the standard. We discuss this as a community. You never
>> stated you wanted it private, ad if you had, it would have remained
>> that way.
>
> I *sent you a private response* because it wasn't relevant to the
> list. You chose to re-include the list,

No, lots of people hit 'reply' instead of 'reply all'. Read around, it
gets stated all the time.

The main response is don't reply privately, keep it on list, unless
otherwise stated.

 which is an active decision
> you had to make.

Based on certain list's rules. Hit 'reply all'

 That is not acceptable behaviour, nor is it the
> "standard".

That's debatable, unless you implied that was your intention.

As I've mentioned before...people can start arguing, and one replies
off list, and then goes back on the list after a private e-mail, and
says ahah, see how they're acting, and they never saw the private
reply you sent.

--
Best Regards,
David Hutto