Aggressive language on python-list

Ian Kelly ian.g.kelly at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 19:39:06 EDT 2012

On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 5:17 PM, Steven D'Aprano
> Excuse me, I think that anybody who was offended by it needs to take a
> long, hard look at themselves. Would you be offended if Rurpy asked "Are
> you diabetic?"

If the question were sincere, no.  On the other hand, if it were a
rhetorical question with the implication that only diabetics could
possibly be so obtuse, then yes, it would be offensive.

Instead of "diabetic", try inserting the word "black" or "female".
There's no shame in those either, yet I think that the offensiveness
of either of those words used in that context should be obvious.