Script for finding words of any size that do NOT contain vowels with acute diacritic marks?

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Wed Oct 17 19:18:03 EDT 2012

On Wed, 17 Oct 2012 13:16:43 -0400, David Robinow wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 1:07 PM, Ian Kelly <ian.g.kelly at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> "return len(w) != len(w_decomposed)" is all you need.
>
>  Thanks for helping, but I already knew that.

David, Ian was directly responding to wxjmfauth at gmail.com, whose
suggestion included an entirely unnecessary conversion from a bool flag
to the strings 'yes' and 'no'. That can be seen in the part of Ian's post
that you deleted.

Regardless of whether *you personally* already knew that jmf's function
was unidiomatic and a poor design, you weren't directly the target of the
comment. I'm glad you already knew what Ian said, but you're not the only
person reading this thread.

--
Steven