bad httplib latency due to IPv6 use

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 09:32:29 EDT 2012

On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 11:40 PM, Ulrich Eckhardt
<ulrich.eckhardt at dominolaser.com> wrote:
> Concerning the question whether a firewall blocks and unnecessarily delays
> connection attempts to ::1, I haven't determined that yet. I'll ask our
> admins here to verify whether that is the case.

It would only be a software firewall on the local machine that could
be doing that; anything on any other machine can't. If you have no
particular reason to do otherwise, I would recommend removing all
firewalling from localhost - you won't lose much security (two
programs running on your computer are allowed to communicate freely in
plenty of other ways anyway), and it'll make all sorts of things
easier/simpler.

ChrisA