Aggressive language on python-list

rusi rustompmody at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 00:43:04 EDT 2012

On Oct 17, 9:25 am, alex23 <wuwe... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Oct 17, 1:54 pm, "Kristen J. Webb" <kw... at teradactyl.com> wrote:
>
> > It sucks for me to spend so much time filtering this BS.
>
> Yet you then chose to participate in a discussion about it. Because
> that's what people do to discuss suitable behaviour.
>
> I really don't get people who feel they need to share their opinion
> when that opinion is that other people shouldn't share theirs.

Ha Ha!
Let me try to restate alex without the barb.

What exactly do you (Kristen) find to be BS?

If its the one-line endorsement from David to Steven, Ive no comment
or opinion
If its the hundreds of lines of Steven's post, it would be good if
your mail-quoting singles that out.
If its Zero's OP then I am sorry, but many of us think that something
needs to be said.

In case its the length of Steven's post here's my attempt at improving
his S/N ration:
There are dicks and there are trolls. Behavior can be improved by
calling right things by the right names.

[My addition]:
1. There are no dicks and trolls; there is dick-ing and trolling
2. jmf's objections to python's unicode is classic trolling. David's
abusive language is dicking.
Using the right name helps to find the right strategy