Aggressive language on python-list

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Wed Oct 17 00:33:14 EDT 2012

"Kristen J. Webb" <kwebb at teradactyl.com> writes:

> What the f**k! I thought that subscribing to a list would promote
> education, enlightenment, and a shared communal effort to make things
> better for things (python) related.

Yes, that's the focus of this thread: how best to engage in a shared
communal effort to make things better for Python-related discussion.

> It sucks for me to spend so much time filtering this BS.

The thread helpfully tells you what it's about in the subject field, and
remains remarkably on-topic by that description. Filter appropriately.

If it sucks for you to receive a high-volume discussion forum in your
email, you may want to use a better email client with more sophisticated
filtering capability. Or you can subscribe to the forum as a Usenet
newsgroup, <URL:news:comp.lang.python>.

> Let's be honest, does any of this crap have anything to do with
> python, it's promotion,

Yes, I think this discussion does have direct relevance to supporting
the promotion of Python. My views on how have been made elsewhere in
this same thread.

--
 \     “Teach a man to make fire, and he will be warm for a day. Set a |
  `\       man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.” |