Which book is the best?

Demian Brecht demianbrecht at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 11:01:11 EDT 2012

On 10/15/2012 9:27 PM, 老爷 wrote:
> I have strong c++ development experience.  But now I want to study the
> python to do some windows setting task, such as editing file, changing
> the system setting, doing some network processing.  Please help me which
> book is the best?
> Thanks.

If you're already a seasoned developer, nothing beats the official
Python docs (http://python.org/doc/). I find most books to be filled
with unnecessary narratives. The Python documentation is relatively
terse and very well organized. As such, it'll get you off to the races
in no time.

One of the many beautiful things about Python is the interactive help:

$python
 >>> import re
 >>> help(re)

You may also want to take a read through this:

$python
 >>> import this