Python on Windows

Marco Nawijn nawijn at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 07:35:19 EDT 2012

On Tuesday, October 16, 2012 1:29:23 PM UTC+2, graham wrote:
> Downloaded and installed Python 2.7.3 for windows (an XP machine).
>

> Entered the Python interactive interpreter/command line and typed the
>
> following:
>

> 	>>>import feedparser
>

> and I get the error message "No module named feedparser".
>

> There is a feedparser.py file lurking around - so I suppose Python
>
> cannot find it.
>

> Anyone: What to do?
>

> GC
Hi,

feedparser.py is not a Python standard library. So, if it feedparser is located in a non-standard folder you have at least the following two options:
1. Update the PYTHONPATH environment variable such that it includes the path the installation location of feedparser.py

2. Add the path to feedparser.py directly in the script that uses it. Something like the following:
import sys
sys.path.append("path to feedparser.py")

import feedparser

Regards,

Marco