[on topic] Re: readline trick needed

Ned Deily nad at acm.org
Tue Oct 16 04:50:17 EDT 2012

In article <k5j5sk$msb$1 at ger.gmane.org>, Peter Otten <__peter__ at web.de>
wrote:
> Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> > I'm working with the readline module, and I'm trying to set a key
> > combination to process the current command line by calling a known
> > function, *and* enter the command line.
[...]
> Anyway, here's what I came up with (no warranties as it was all trial-and-
> error):
[...]

Keep in mind that the Python readline module may be linked to either the
GPL-licensed GNU readline or the BSD-licensed editline (libedit) library
(the default on newer OS X systems and probably on *BSD systems) and
they have different command strings.  Note the warning here:

http://docs.python.org/py3k/library/readline.html

Or it may not be linked with either.

--
 Ned Deily,