Feedback on my python framework I'm building.

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 00:20:28 EDT 2012

On Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 2:37 PM, Steven D'Aprano
> On Sun, 14 Oct 2012 05:33:40 +1100, Chris Angelico wrote:
>
>> Forcing programmers to work in one particular style is usually not the
>> job of the language/framework/library.
>
> Have you actually programmed before?
>
> *grin*
>
> I've never come across a language/framework/library that DOESN'T force
> programmers to work in a particular style, at least to some degree.

Style and technique aren't quite the same thing, though. Where you
draw the line between aspects the language should enforce and aspects
that should be up to the programmer is a tricky question. A language's
standard library certainly encourages a particular naming style, but
nothing enforces it.

Of course the language has to enforce something. I just don't think
that the MVC model should be part of what's enforced. What next?
Require that one file be one class and have nothing else in it?

ChrisA