Aggressive language on python-list

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 13:33:25 EDT 2012

On Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 2:21 AM, Zero Piraeus <schesis at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm a mostly passive subscriber to this list - my posts here over the
> years could probably be counted without having to take my socks off -
> so perhaps I have no right to comment, but I've noticed a marked
> increase in aggressive language here lately, so I'm putting my head
> above the parapet to say that I don't appreciate it.

Thanks for speaking up, Zero. I agree that the aggressive language
lately has been a bit of a problem; but it's not incurable, and Dwight
Hutto seems to have recovered a more affable stance in his more recent
posts. (Thank you, Dwight/David.)

Etienne, we shall not trouble you for a demonstration of what you
think *real* aggressive behaviour is. Really, you've already given us
far more than the five-minute argument we paid for; though I suppose
you could be arguing on your own time. But I'm sure if you go to the
next room, you'll find "being dropped into the killfille lessons".
Better, better, but "Plonk". Hold your username here...

Wait, is that the wrong Python for this list? Oops. So confusing.

ChrisA