Basic JSON question: Do I really need the quotes

Kwpolska kwpolska at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 10:14:35 EDT 2012

On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 4:09 PM,  <moogyd at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
> I need to define some configuration in a file that will be manually created.
> Internally, the data will be stored as a dict, which contains various properties related to a design
> e.g. Design Name, dependencies, lists of files (and associated libraries).
> json seemed a quick an easy way of achieving this
> Anyway, in simple terms my question - if I know everything is a string, how can I omit the quotation marks?

Nope.  JSON has those rules for a reason.  You need to be specific.  A
more “human-friendly” format is the one used by ConfigParser (close to
INI, but not quite).

Also, JSON is supposed to be generated by computers, not humans.
--
Kwpolska <http://kwpolska.tk>
stop html mail      | always bottom-post